Current Movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark – Feb. 7
About This MovieToggle
Nuts! This one didn’t make the tipping point in time. Unfortunately, it won’t be showing. We’ll get ’em next time!
Bah ba-da-daaaa, bah ba-daaaaa!!
For one night only, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark will screen at Vancouver’s Kiggins Theatre! Now all we have to do is get 70 folks to purchase tickets. That should be a lot easier than excavating the Ark of the Covenant!
Raiders is the first–and best–Indiana Jones movie, released in 1981. In his action-packed story of a university archeologist’s quest to recover the fabled Ark of the Covenant, Spielberg asks us, is there too cruel a manner by which to dispatch a Nazi? He simultaneously answers his own question: No. No, there is not.
Lots of us have got a copy of Raiders sitting on the shelf, but there’s nothing like seeing it in a theater full of movie lovers! We’ll boo the snake-like man in black. We’ll cheer when Nazis are dealt creatively horrid deaths. We’ll laugh at cheesy one-liners. February 7 will be Raiders as Raiders was meant to be seen: on the big screen with a crowd.
And don’t forget to dress up! The best costumes will receive prizes, so dust off the fedora and bullwhip (we all know you have a bullwhip lying around) and head to the Kiggins!
Here’s the rub:
The year is 1936. A professor who studies archeology named Indiana Jones is venturing in the jungles in South America searching for a golden statue. Unfortunately, he sets off a deadly trap doing so, miraculously, he escapes. Then, Jones hears from a museum curator named Marcus Brody about a biblical artifact called The Ark of the Covenant, which can hold the key to humanly existence. Jones has to venture to vast places such as Nepal and Egypt to find this artifact. However, he will have to fight his enemy Renee Belloq and a band of Nazis in order to reach it. –From IMDB
New to Crowded Theatre?
Here’s the skinny: The Kiggins will show Raiders on February 7, 2018 at 7PM, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – it’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 70 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 70 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by Feb 4. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make the show happen!
- Head to the Kiggins – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at next month’s Crowded Theatre screening at the Kiggins. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page. The Kiggins is yours!
Venue: Kiggins TheatreToggle
- Beer & wine
- Punching Nazis
- Kicking Nazis
- Whipping Nazis
- Shooting Nazis
- Running over Nazis
- Putting Nazis through an airplane propeller
- Melting Nazis' faces