Current Movie: North by Northwest – Aug 31
About This MovieToggle
Online ticket sales close at 1:00PM on the day of the show, but you can still purchase tickets at the Kiggins Theatre box office.
Peanut butter & jelly.
Thanksgiving & turkey.
Alfred Hitchcock & Cary Grant.
For one night only, Alfred Hitchcock’s 1959 classic, North by Northwest, will screen at Vancouver’s historic Kiggins Theatre! Pulling in as the 55th greatest movie of all time, North by Northwest is Hollywood film making at its finest. As though Cary Grant’s hokey pickup lines aren’t reason enough to grab a pair of tickets (“Hmm, and [good] taste in women. I like your flavor.”), NXNW will be an especially rare treat to see on the big screen.
NXNW is workshop Hitchcockian tension! It includes an attempted murder…by bi-plane! a tension-filled foot chase…across the faces of Mt. Rushmore! Murder! Romance! Mistaken identity! Spy vs. spy! HOOOOOOOOO-WEEEE!!!
Here’s the story: A New York ad man (ala Don Draper) is mistaken for a CIA agent (ala Jason Borne) by foreign spies. He’s forced to play along in order to save lives (most notably his own) and clear his name of a murder he’s been framed for committing. Phew!
A bit more detail:
Madison Avenue advertising man Roger Thornhill finds himself thrust into the world of spies when he is mistaken for a man by the name of George Kaplan. Foreign spy Philip Vandamm and his henchman Leonard try to eliminate him but when Thornhill tries to make sense of the case, he is framed for murder. Now on the run from the police, he manages to board the 20th Century Limited bound for Chicago where he meets a beautiful blond, Eve Kendall, who helps him to evade the authorities. His world is turned upside down yet again when he learns that Eve isn’t the innocent bystander he thought she was. Not all is as it seems however, leading to a dramatic rescue and escape at the top of Mt. Rushmore. —from IMDB
New to Crowded Theatre?
Here’s the skinny: The Kiggins will show North by Northwest on August 31, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – it’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 70 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 70 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by August 24. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make the show happen!
- Head to the Kiggins – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at the Kiggins’s next Crowded Theatre screening. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page. The Kiggins is yours!
Venue: Kiggins TheatreToggle
- Beer & wine
- A classic "Hitch" flick!
- Attempted murder via bi-plane (beat that!)