Current Movie: The Big Lebowski – July 1
About This MovieToggle
Online ticket sales close at 1:00PM on the day of the screening. Tickets can still be purchased at the Pix Theatre box office.
The Dude abides at the Pix Theatre! Your votes are counted, and you chose the Coen brothers’ comedic noir masterpiece, The Big Lebowski.
If you’re looking for a quiet night at the movies, stay home and listen to “Songs of the Whale.” If you want to watch the Dude and Walter take on the nihilists in a theater full of Dudeists, then look no further! Adorn yourself in your bath robe, your purple jump suit, or your tactical vest and roll down to the Pix.
WHAT?!?! You’ve never seen the Big Lebowski?! Feeling a bit out of your element, then? Here, have a quick look at the plot:
“Jeffrey “The Dude” Lebowski is the ultimate LA slacker, until one day his house is broken into and his rug is peed on by two angry gangsters who have mistaken him for Jeffrey Lebowski, the LA millionaire, whose wife owes some bad people some big money. The Dude becomes entangled in the plot when he goes to visit the real Lebowski in order to get some retribution for his soiled rug, and is recruited to be the liaison between Lebowski and the captors of his now “kidnapped” wife.” –from IMDB
So crank up the Credence and get yourself some tickets! There’s still a 50-ticket tipping point, so spread the word to make sure the screening happens. But the Dude draws a good crowd; we’re more likely to sell out than miss the tipping point. Get ’em while they’re available, or you’ll see what happens, Larry.
New to Crowded Theatre?
Here’s the skinny: The Pix will show The Big Lebowski on July 1, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – it’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 50 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 50 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by May 8. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make it happen!
- Head to the Pix – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at the Pix’s next Crowded Theatre screening. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page. The Pix is yours!
Venue: Pix TheatreToggle
- Beer, wine, and other concessions
- A congregation Dudeists
- "Nice marmot"