Current Movie: Beetlejuice – Oct. 31
About This MovieToggle
NUTS! This one didn’t hit the tipping point and won’t be showing. We’ll get ’em next time.
BEETLEJUICE! BEETLEJUICE! BEETLEJUICE!!
Say it once. Say it twice. Third time’s a charm!
Coming to Albany this Halloween, Tim Burton’s entirely bizarre 1988 haunted house flick, Beetlejuice, is gracing the big screen at the Pix Theatre! Get your tickets here, and be at the Pix on Saturday, October 31 at 1:30PM (ACK! that’s Halloween!).
Here’s the scoop:
This is the story of Adam and Barbara who live in a beautiful house in New England. One day while driving home they are involved in a terrible auto accident. They manage to walk home only to discover later that they have died and now haunt their house. When their house is purchased by an out of state family, they feel their home is threatened by the over-the-top artists wife and real-estate idea-man husband. Their only relief is the Gothic daughter of the family. Their attempts at scaring the family out of the house are ignored or laughed at. Finally they fall to the temptation to use the people-exorcizer Beetle Juice. When they find his tactics too dangerous, they attempt to contain him and save the family they were trying to boot. – From IMDB
New to Crowded Theatre?
Here’s the skinny: The Pix will show this movie, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – it’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 50 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 50 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by the time the timer winds down. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make it happen!
- Head to the Pix – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at the Pix’s next Crowded Theatre screening. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page. The Pix is yours!
Venue: Pix TheatreToggle
- Beer, wine, and other concessions
- Michael Keaton under Tim Burton's direction
- A how-to guide to unexpected death and subsequent haunting