Current Movie: The Thing – Oct. 25
About This MovieToggle
Your votes are counted for October’s screening at the Kiggins Theatre! Showing for one night only on October 25 at 7:00PM is John Carpenter’s, The Thing.
The Thing is a horror classic done by an undisputed master of the genre. Even 35 years after its release, The Thing doesn’t fail to please.
Here’s the scoop:
In the midst of the Antartican snowfield, the scientists and workers of a small American research base are shocked when a helicopter begins to circle their camp, chasing and shooting at a dog. When the helicopter is destroyed and the passengers are killed, the dog is let into the base and the American’s begin to wonder what has actually happened. The helicopter has Norwegian markings, must be from the Norwegian base not too far from their own. A team of Americans are sent to the Norwegian base and find out what has happened. On arrival, they find that the place has been totally destroyed. They also discover a mangled body that looks as though it was once that of a person, which they bring back with them for further study. It is only then that the clues begin to add up; the dog morphs horribly into a strange creature that attacks the researchers. They manage to fight it off, but they come to a terrible conclusion: an alien with the power to transform and take the appearance of anybody else is amongst them. Who is infected already, and who can be trusted? Helicopter pilot J.R MacReady sets out to find the answers to exactly that. –From IMDB
New to Crowded Theatre?
Here’s the skinny: The Kiggins will show The Thing on October 25, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – it’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 70 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 70 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by October 18. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make the show happen!
- Head to the Kiggins – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at next month’s Crowded Theatre screening at the Kiggins. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page. The Kiggins is yours!
Venue: Kiggins TheatreToggle
- Classic John Carpenter horror on the big screen!
- Gain yet another reason never to travel to Antarctica.
- The perfect way to get in the Halloween spirit