Current Movie: JAWS – March 21
About This MovieToggle
Nuts! This one didn’t reach the tipping point in time. Unfortunately, it won’t be showing.
Close your eyes. Think warm thoughts. Summer’s on the way (and coming early by the feel of it), and nothing says summer like Steven Spielberg’s 1975 classic thriller, JAWS. It’s the original summer blockbuster!
You’ll never be happier to live in on land after leaving the Kiggins on March 21. Even after 43 years, JAWS STILL makes us afraid to go in the water, no matter how big the boat we’re in.
JAWS checks in at #56 on AFI’s Top 100 Movies. If you’ve never seen it, there’s no better way to see it for the first time than on the big screen!
Been awhile? Here’s a refresher:
A giant great white shark arrives on the shores of a New England beach resort and wreaks havoc with bloody attacks on swimmers, until a local sheriff teams up with a marine biologist and an old seafarer to hunt the monster down.
New to Crowded Theatre?
Here’s the skinny: The Kiggins will show JAWS on March 21, 2018 at 7PM, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – it’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 70 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 70 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by March 12. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make the show happen!
- Head to the Kiggins – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at next month’s Crowded Theatre screening at the Kiggins. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page. The Kiggins is yours!
Venue: Kiggins TheatreToggle
- It's Spielberg!
- A classic popcorn muncher!
- You're gonna need a bigger boat.